PUTMAN COUNTY, N.Y. -- Here' s a look at the week's top stories for Putnam County.
- John E. Caputo, 47, of Wingdale in Dutchess County was charged with the armed robbery of the Subway in Patterson on Tuesday, according to Putnam County Sheriff Donald B. Smith.
- Shortly after a head-on collision on Route 6 near the Mahopac Library, emergency responders rushed to the scene of a rollover crash nearby on East Lake Boulevard that resulted in one injury and damage to a utility pole late Sunday morning, authorities said.
- The New York State Police recently welcomed 226 new members, including a large contingent from the Hudson Valley, to their troops following their graduation from the 204th session of the Basic School of the New York State Police Academy.
- College-bound students in seven New York counties will soon benefit from years of declining enrollment at Western Connecticut State University.
- Daily Voice sat down with Mahopac High's John Augusta recently, as part of our continuing spotlight series on high school principals.
- Thirty Carmel High School drama students led by two directors are to perform a nine-act play featuring various works by author Mark Harvey Levine, according to a statement from the school district.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.