PUTNAM COUNTY, N.Y. -- The following is a round-up of the top stories of the week for Putnam County.
- The CEO of the Greater Mahopac/Carmel Chamber of Commerce's arrest for grand larceny, reported Tuesday by Daily Voice, came after a joint investigation by the Putnam County Sheriff's Office and the Putnam County District Attorney's Office, authorities said Wednesday.
- A Mahopac resident was among five people charged Thursday by New Jersey authorities with filing fraudulent applications for federal relief funds in the wake of Superstorm Sandy.
- Buddy, the dog who went missing in Carmel last week right before the big snowstorm, has been reunited with his family.
- It was a good night to be an incumbent as villages held their municipal elections on Tuesday night.
- New York State police are searching for a man who impersonated a police officer and robbed a driver at gunpoint early Wednesday on the Taconic Parkway, according to state police.
- New York state’s attorney general has hired two prosecutors to handle corruption cases and to hold President Donald J. Trump's administration accountable for the effects of certain policies, multiple media outlets reported Tuesday.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.