PUTNAM COUNTY, N.Y. -- Here's a look at last week's top stories from around Putnam County.
- Investigators from the Putnam County Sheriff’s Department have arrested a 44-year-old Carmel man, who was charged with burglarizing Mahopac barbershop Xclusive Cuts, authorities said.
- Putnam County has lost a bid to keep secret the names of gun owners who didn’t opt out of a public database.
- The driver responsible for a crash on the Taconic Parkway in Yorktown in August 2015 that killed four people, including his daughter, was arraigned in court Friday, Sept. 9, after prosecutors said he was driving with his knees before the crash occurred.
- A Putnam County Sheriff’s officer has charged a 25-year-old Yorktown man with operating a watercraft while under the influence of alcohol after an incident on Lake Mahopac, authorities said.
- Brandon Jackson, a West Point cadet and Army football player, was killed in a one-car accident early Sunday morning, Sept. 11, in Croton.
- The identity of the taxi passenger killed in last Friday afternoon's crash on Interstate 684 has been provided by New York State Police.
- Zach Whitman, a veterinarian in Putnam County’s Carmel, has been working with a group in Rockland that has been trying to prevent snapping turtles from being run over by cars on busy Western Highway.
- Ali Boak defeated Andrew Falk in the race to represent the Democratic Party in the 40th State Senate District against incumbent Terrence Murphy.
- An early morning rollover accident on Baldwin Place Road and Route 6N in Mahopac just before 5 a.m. Friday, brought out multiple units from the Carmel Police Department, along with numerous other agencies.
- A Putnam Valley woman was charged with drunk driving with her 4-year-old child in the backseat following a minor car accident in Yorktown Thursday night, Yorktown police said.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.