PUTNAM COUNTY, N.Y. -- Beloved teaching assistant Brinn A. Salvatore, 33, of Carmel, formerly of Hastings-on-Hudson, died on Monday, Sept. 4 at Westchester Medical Center. Click here to read the story.
Here are some of the other top stories of the week (click on the link to read the story):
- A series of events will be held throughout Putnam County Monday to commemorate the 16th anniversary of the Sept. 11 attacks.
- Thirty-one people were arrested for drunk driving-related offenses over the Labor Day weekend by officers from several Dutchess County law enforcement departments as part of the "Driver Sober or Get Pulled Over" campaign, according to the Dutchess County Sheriff's Department.
- The massive new sports facility opening on the former IBM campus in Fishkill will be one of the world's largest domes, according to Time Magazine.
- An assemblywoman is pushing to have Donald J. Trump State Park, located in Yorktown and Putnam Valley, named after Heather Heyer, who was killed protesting white supremacists in Charlottesville.
- A 60-year old Carmel man was charged two felonies after he crashed his car into the woods Sunday morning, Yorktown Police say.
- For real-time Putnam news updates in your Facebook feed, be sure to "Like" Daily Voice's Putnam County Forum page on Facebook by clicking here.
- Follow Putnam Daily Voice on Twitter @PutnamDV.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.