PUTNAM COUNTY, N.Y. -- The following is a round-up of the top stories of the week in Putnam County.
- Lifelong Carmel resident Kelly Anne Grimmer, 37, died Saturday, Dec. 24, at Regional Hospice of Danbury, Conn.
- A Carmel woman is facing felony and misdemeanor charges after police accused her of illegally possessing prescription drugs and marijuana, according to the Putnam County Sheriffs Office.
- A Beacon man was charged Friday with sexually abusing a child under the age of 11, according to Beacon Police Chief Doug Solomon.
- An area man driving under the influence and angry over a traffic accident, rammed his car into the man who had rear-ended him on Tuesday, before speeding away, according to the New York State police.
- A 34-year-old man is facing felony drug charges after he was stopped in Dutchess County on Christmas Day for speeding.
- Two little-lost doggies have been happily reunited with their owners, reports Kent animal control warden Mary Madsen.
- One man was hospitalized on Thursday afternoon, after he lost control of his tractor-trailer on I-684 and wound up crashing nearly 20 feet off the roadway.