PUTNAM COUNTY, N.Y. -- Hudson Valley resident Roger Ailes, the former president and chairman of Fox News, died Thursday morning at age 77. Click here to read the story.
Here are some other top stories from this past week (click on the link to read the story):
- More than a dozen law enforcement officers from the Hudson Valley were among the near 200 men and women who were welcomed to the ranks of the New York State Police by Gov. Andrew Cuomo at the 205th session graduate ceremony.
- Somers firefighters responded to a car crash in the Lake Lincolndale area on Monday that required the extrication of a victim.
- Putnam County voters overwhelming approved local school board budget along with returning incumbents school board members.
- A search crew aboard a helicopter near the Bahamas found debris while looking for a private plane with four passengers aboard, including a Westchester native and New York City event space designer, her two young boys and a pilot after the aircraft disappeared Tuesday afternoon, officials said.
- The New York State Department of Environmental Conservation and Department of Agriculture and Markets is expanding a quarantine of the transportation of ash wood in parts of the Hudson Valley and other parts of the state as it hopes to contain the spread of the emerald ash borer, a beetle that feeds on ash species.
- The widow of a worker who was killed while working on the demolition of the Gap Inc. distribution center in Fishkill has filed a wrongful death suit in federal court.