PUTNAM COUNTY, N.Y. -- The following is a round-up of the top stories of the week in Putnam County.
- Erik Godinho, a 20-year-old who played football for Putnam Valley High School, was killed in a motorcycle crash Sunday in Yorktown Heights.
- A teen who has been missing from Patterson since Christmas Eve, has been found safe and in good health in New York City with the assistance of the New York City Police Department’s Missing Person Squad and the FDNY.
- Matt Simone was hoping, he said, for a New Year’s Day baby and the new dad got his wish. The Simones, of Poughquag, greeted 2017 with the birth of their first child, a girl.
- The case of a Carmel teen who went missed more than 20 years ago is still unsolved .
- Kent police arrested four people over the holiday season including three for driving while intoxicated and one for driving while ability impaired/drugs, according to the Kent Police Department.
- A Bridgeport, Conn., man is accused of stealing a motorcycle before crashing a stolen van into a police cruiser while leading officers on a car chase on the Taconic State Parkway, according to state police in Millbrook.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.