PUTNAM COUNTY, N.Y. -- The following is a round-up of the top stories of the week for Putnam County.
- Putnam County residents can get free lead tests of their homes' drinking wate r under a state program, the county's health department announced.
- Mahopac resident Theodore Lampropoulos said he opened his new store because after touring other area liquor stores, he thought he could do better.
- A 23-year-old from Mahopac is facing drug charges in Yorktown after a routine traffic stop for a faulty license plate lamp on the Taconic State Parkway revealed he was in possession of prescription medication.
- A Putnam County man is facing felony drug charges after being stopped on the Taconic Parkway while drinking and driving in East Fishkill with more than a pound of marijuana in his possession, state police said Wednesday.
- A Mahopac woman who had darkly tinted windows on her vehicle ended up behind bars on Monday after New York State police found drugs during a search.
- A woman was arrested with a blood-alcohol content nearly three times the legal limit in Southeast over the weekend, marking her third driving while intoxicating charge, according to New York State Police.