PUTNAM COUNTY, N.Y. -- The following is a round-up of the top stories of the week for Putnam County.
- Putnam County residents can get free lead tests of their homes' drinking wate r under a state program, the county's health department announced.
- Mahopac resident Theodore Lampropoulos said he opened his new store because after touring other area liquor stores, he thought he could do better.
- A 23-year-old from Mahopac is facing drug charges in Yorktown after a routine traffic stop for a faulty license plate lamp on the Taconic State Parkway revealed he was in possession of prescription medication.
- A Putnam County man is facing felony drug charges after being stopped on the Taconic Parkway while drinking and driving in East Fishkill with more than a pound of marijuana in his possession, state police said Wednesday.
- A Mahopac woman who had darkly tinted windows on her vehicle ended up behind bars on Monday after New York State police found drugs during a search.
- A woman was arrested with a blood-alcohol content nearly three times the legal limit in Southeast over the weekend, marking her third driving while intoxicating charge, according to New York State Police.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.