PUTNAM COUNTY, N.Y. -- The following is a round-up of the top stories of the week for Putnam County.
- A GoFundMe fundraising page is seeking to raise $150,000 to help Putnam County Sheriff's Deputy Michael Schmidt pay for his battle with cancer.
- An undercover investigation by the Putnam County Sheriff's Office led to the arrest of a Putnam Valley man after he sold painkillers to an undercover officer, Sheriff Donald B. Smith said.
- A Putnam County man is facing felony charges for intimidating a witness after allegedly threatening to harm a woman and her child if she didn’t follow his orders saying he was innocent.
- The New York State police in Brewster are asking for the public's help in locating a local man wanted for strangulation and endangering two children after he failed to show up in court, said state police.
- State Police said late Thursday morning that the person who jumped from the Bear Mountain Bridge early Thursday died as a result of injuries suffered in the jump.
- The Dutchess County couple who won a historic $10 million scratch-off prize has been identified as James and Sylvia Silverence of the Town of Poughkeepsie.
- A restaurant owner staking out his own restaurant managed to nab two Westchester men stealing used cooking oil from La Kabanita and TK's Restaurant on Tuesday, March 2, Danbury, Conn., police said.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.