PUTNAM COUNTY, N.Y. -- Here's a look at the top stories last week from around Putnam County.
- A task force of police officers and agents from the FBI arrested Neil Mena, 30, of the Bronx, and Richard Almaraz, 42, of Yonkers, following a six-month investigation into heroin sales in Westchester and Putnam counties.
- An early morning rollover accident on Baldwin Place Road and Route 6N on Sept. 16, brought out multiple units from the Carmel Police Department, along with numerous other agencies.
- Daily Voice visited with Mahopac High's newest addition, Ron Montalto, who was named the school's new athletic director when the former director John Augusta, took over as principal.
- Julian A. Moreno, of Cortlandt was charged with burglary after he broke into a garage on Wenonah Road on Sept. 9 and then attacked the resident with a crowbar, according to state police.
- A new study has concluded what others have complained about for years: That a wide range of Hudson Valley residents are financially unstable and struggling to pay bills and save money.
- New York State Police are asking for the public's help in locating Oliva McKechine of Poughkeepsie who is wanted for identity theft from a family member.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.