Several roads remain closed in Carmel as crews continue clean-up efforts in the area following the second major storm to hit the Hudson Valley in a week.
The Carmel PBA issued an alert on Thursday afternoon, noting that as of 2:30 p.m., there are multiple known road closures, which have been reported by local residents.
Roads closed are:
- End Court and Colonial Drive;
- County Line Drive and Lake Baldwin Drive;
- Hickory Drive and Shore Drive/East Court;
- Interlochen Road and Stoneleigh Avenue;
- McNair Drive between Bloomer Road and Union Valley Road;
- Barry Goldwater Drive; and
- Croton Falls Road at Hemlock Road and Samantha Lane.
In Carmel, 5,540 of NYSEG’s 14,182 customers remain without power as crews continue clearing downed trees and utility lines, with no estimated time of restoration provided. In total, 13,265 NYSEG customers remain without power in Putnam County.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.