PUTNAM COUNTY, N.Y. -- The 75-year-old Mahopac woman was killed last week by her daughter's father-in-law, 69-year-old Filippo Buffone of West Harrison over a financial disagreement, Carmel Police announced during a press conference Wednesday. Click here to read the story.
Here are some other top stories from this past week (click on the link to read the story):
- A retired Carmel police officer was sentenced to a year in jail Wednesday for criminally negligent homicide in the death of a Somers teaching assistant during a 2015 car crash.
- A suspect wanted for more than a month for multiple commercial burglaries in Carmel was nabbed by police last month.
- A Kent man was charged with aggravated DWI after police found his van in a ditch on Route 52 Tuesday and his blood alcohol level more than three times the legal limit
- The Prospect Hill Bridge in Southeast will be getting a $9.5 million facelift during an upcoming rebuilding project by the MTA Metro-North Railroad.
- On Sunday morning, nothing tastes better than a soft, chewy, often warm-from-the-oven bagel. Add a smear, a jolt of java, and you're in breakfast heaven.
- Leaves are blooming. The grass is growing. So why are your golf clubs still collecting dust? Take a look at some of the highest rated courses in Putnam County according to Golf Advisor and get ready to tee it up.