PUTNAM COUNTY, N.Y. -- The 75-year-old Mahopac woman was killed last week by her daughter's father-in-law, 69-year-old Filippo Buffone of West Harrison over a financial disagreement, Carmel Police announced during a press conference Wednesday. Click here to read the story.
Here are some other top stories from this past week (click on the link to read the story):
- A retired Carmel police officer was sentenced to a year in jail Wednesday for criminally negligent homicide in the death of a Somers teaching assistant during a 2015 car crash.
- A suspect wanted for more than a month for multiple commercial burglaries in Carmel was nabbed by police last month.
- A Kent man was charged with aggravated DWI after police found his van in a ditch on Route 52 Tuesday and his blood alcohol level more than three times the legal limit
- The Prospect Hill Bridge in Southeast will be getting a $9.5 million facelift during an upcoming rebuilding project by the MTA Metro-North Railroad.
- On Sunday morning, nothing tastes better than a soft, chewy, often warm-from-the-oven bagel. Add a smear, a jolt of java, and you're in breakfast heaven.
- Leaves are blooming. The grass is growing. So why are your golf clubs still collecting dust? Take a look at some of the highest rated courses in Putnam County according to Golf Advisor and get ready to tee it up.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.