PUTNAM COUNTY, N.Y. -- The following is a roundup of the top stories of the week in Putnam County.
- Shoppers and residents alike will be happy to hear the developers planning an overhaul of the rundown Lake Plaza Shopping Center in Mahopac recently jumped a major hurdle by receiving final site plan approval from the Town of Carmel.
- A reunion of the very best kind took place Wednesday evening inside Carmel's Town Hall in Mahopac.
- An overnight oil burner explosion sent both stations of the Mahopac Falls Volunteer Fire Department to a residence at Shore Lane in Lake Baldwin, according to Jack Casey, public information officer for the department.
- What started as a small celebration 22 years ago has caught on with Carmel and surrounding community members, and Saturday's day-long Holiday on the Lake celebration was once again the result.
- State police from Troop K made a host of driving while intoxicated arrests in a detail that included Westchester, Putnam, Dutchess and Columbia counties conducted between Friday, Dec. 2 until Sunday, Dec. 4.
- Two people were charged with burglary after they were caught inside a building in the Town of Amenia when New York State troopers responded to a burglary call, according to the New York State Police.
- For the 11th straight year, Theatre on the Road is set to bring the holiday classic "A Christmas Carol" to life during the month of December in Dutchess and Putnam Counties.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.