PUTNAM COUNTY, N.Y. -- The following is a roundup of the top stories of the week for Putnam County.
- A 22-year-old man who drove directly toward troopers at approximately 100 miles per hour during a high-speed chase on I-84 has been apprehended and is now facing multiple charges, state police from the Brewster barracks said.
- Putnam residents have been showing their holiday spirit with some elaborate lighting displays that had the skies bright around Lake Carmel last night.
- Like a scene out of a fairy tale, the final Supermoon of 2016 put on a dazzling performance Wednesday night in the skies over Putnam County.
- It was the legs that first got Robert Hodor’s attention. The state environmental conservation officer was on routine patrol in the Dutchess County town of Clinton a few days after Thanksgiving when he spotted a pair of deer hoofs sticking out of the bed of a truck.
- Two Dutchess County residents died in a three-day-time-span at the Killington Ski Resort in Vermont, after collapsing in separate incidents, according to the Vermont State Police.
- The 17-year-old from Mahopac High School who was presented with the USA Football's Heart of Giant Award will receive $3,500 equipment grant for his school and a trophy at the New York Giants home game against the Detroit Lions Sunday.
- A trio of Mahopac teens found themselves on the wrong side of the law on Tuesday after they were caught attempting to shoplift hundreds of dollars worth of merchandise from the Jefferson Valley Mall in Yorktown Heights.
- State police from Troop K made a host of arrests in a detail that targeted motorists who were driving while intoxicated and driving while impaired that included Westchester, Putnam and Dutchess counties conducted between Friday, Dec. 9 until Sunday, Dec. 11.
- Wegmans, a popular Rochester-based family owned grocery store chain, announced plans Wednesday of opening its first location in the Hudson Valley, right near the junction of I-287 and I-684.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.