PUTNAM COUNTY, N.Y. -- The following is a round-up of the top stories of the week for Putnam County.
- The Carmel Town Board voted unanimously on Wednesday night to approve a new contract with the town's police union.
- A Patterson woman is under observation at a medical facility after threatening to kill her neighbor, Putnam County Sheriff Donald B. Smith said.
- A Westchester man is facing weapons charges after allegedly striking his victim with a hammer during a domestic dispute on the Taconic State Parkway.
- Richard O'Keefe pleaded guilty Wednesday to criminally negligent homicide and agreed to a one-year sentence in the death of Frances Ghelarducci during a crash in 2015.
- Columbia University has been chosen as the best college in New York state by niche.com, an internet ranking and review site.
- For fans of Showtime's "Billions," watching the struggle between Paul Giamatti and Damian Lewis in the world of New York high finance is like "old home week" for Westchester and Rockland county residents with tons of scenes filmed in familiar spots.
- On the heels of a nationwide sweep by U.S. Immigration and Customs that led to the arrest of five Hudson Valley residents, New York Attorney General Eric Schneiderman is cautioning residents to be wary of a scam involving unauthorized agents asking for money.
- The Hudson Vally Film Commission (HVFC) has been flooded with requests since a casting call went out to area women who have three free days and would love to be in a major movie -- and, oh yeah, spend time in jail.
- There are close to 2,500 billionaires in the world, including four with Hudson Valley ties, and the Top 10 among them have a combined net worth of $582 billion, according to a report, "Who Are the Richest of the Rich," published Sunday in The New York Times.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.