PUTNAM COUNTY, N.Y. -- A 47-year-old employee of a Northern Westchester nursery is facing a felony charge after state police say he stole more than $5,000. Click here to read the story.
Here are some of the other top stories of the week (click on the link to read the story):
- In the midst of upheaval at Brewster High School over the arrest of a teacher for the rape of a student, the district's superintendent announced that Harvey Schnall will take over as interim assistant principal for Kieran Stack, who abruptly retired.
- The New York Lottery handed over an oversized $1 million check to one of the Hudson Valley's own on Thursday.
- Two of the eight victims of Tuesday's terror attack on the Hudson River bicycle path near the West Side Highway in New York City were tristate area residents.
- Bruce Walker is headed to Washington.
- A driver was hospitalized after losing control of his vehicle and ramming into a stand of trees in Putnam on Monday.
- Jason R. Daly, 42, of Putnam Valley, an officer with the NYPD and former Army veteran, died suddenly on Sunday, Oct. 29.
- For real-time Putnam news updates in your Facebook feed, be sure to "Like" Daily Voice's Putnam County Forum page on Facebook by clicking here.
- Follow Putnam Daily Voice on Twitter @PutnamDV.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.