PUTNAM, N.Y. -- The following is a round-up of the top stories of the week in Putnam County.
- A Putnam County man is facing felony charges after he allegedly assaulted a woman with a broomstick handle on Wednesday morning.
- A 55-year-old Putnam County woman is facing felony charges after being caught stealing thousands of dollars from a family member’s retirement fund.
- There was a fine line in terms of snowfall accumulation for the Nor'easter that made its way through the area Tuesday.
- The source responsible for leaking two pages of President Donald Trump’s tax returns that were revealed on national TV on Tuesday may have ties to Westchester County, according to an NBC report.
- Westchester resident Preet Bharara, the high-profile former United States Attorney for the Southern District of New York who was surprisingly fired by President Donald Trump's administration on Saturday, will be replaced in office by a longtime friend and advisor.
- Westchester Real Estate, Inc. recently celebrated the accomplishments of their top agents in an expanding 2016 real estate market, along with providing a 2017 home-finance outlook and introducing new listing tools now at the agents’ disposal.
- A video that's gone viral of an Amtrak train en route from Westchester roaring into Rhinebeck Station on Wednesday morning covering commuters with an avalanche of snow and ice is hard not to laugh at, but for the woman busy texting who didn't see it coming, it's probably something she will never forget.
- Snow from the Nor'easter was too much for the roof of the Williams Lumber store on Route 9, causing it to partially collapse around 2:45 p.m. Wednesday, Rhinebeck Fire Department officials said.