PUTNAM COUNTY, N.Y. -- Members of the New York State Police came to the rescue of a citizen in need on Wednesday, saving a 40-year-old mentally handicapped man from drowning in Putnam County. Click here to read the entire story.
Here are some other top stories from this past week (click on the link to read the story):
- The Route 6 Tap House in Mahopac, known for its burgers and beer, is selling its current location for $1,200,000, to move to a larger location.
- A 14-year-old boy was charged following an altercation at Jefferson Valley Mall where Yorktown Police say he allegedly repeatedly punched a 15-year-old girl in the face and arm Sunday.
- New York State Police arrested a 28-year-old man after he allegedly pulled what appeared to be a handgun at another driver during a road rage incident on I-684 in North Salem.
- Alana Green, a Mahopac resident, will have her art hanging in the Capitol.
- A 61-year-old contractor has pleaded guilty to a felony grand larceny charge for his role in defrauding and stealing millions of dollars from Westchester County clients that hired his waste hauling business based out of Briarcliff.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.