PUTNAM COUNTY, N.Y. -- An ambitious scammer attempted to defraud the Carmel Police Department twice, claiming to be a computer tech supporter to gain access to their devices. Click here to read the story.
Here are some of the other top stories of the week (click on the link to read the story):
- An intoxicated 27-year-old man was busted in Putnam County with crack cocaine after troopers stopped him for driving hazardously on Route 6, state police said.
- The Westchester County Department of Health is issuing a rabies alert to residents who may have had contact with a rabid gray fox in the vicinity of Vail Lane in North Salem on or before Saturday, Sept.16.
- Gov. Andrew Cuomo announced Amazon will be opening a 359,000 square foot administrative office at 5 Manhattan West in midtown, creating 2,000 new jobs in finance, sales, marketing, and information technology. Amazon was given $20 million in tax credits for the expansion.
- Hiking fans take note -- Breakneck Ridge, the popular Hudson Valley hiking trail that draws thousands each year -- will be closed early next year for at least a year for improvements.
- For real-time Putnam news updates in your Facebook feed, be sure to "Like" Daily Voice's Putnam County Forum page on Facebook by clicking here.
- Follow Putnam Daily Voice on Twitter @PutnamDV.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.