PUTNAM COUNTY, N.Y. -- There was a brief touchdown of a tornado early Wednesday night, the National Weather Service and Dutchess County Emergency Management officials announced Thursday. Click here to read the entire story.
Here are some other top stories of the week. (Click on the link to read the entire story):
- The Lakeland Central School District has declined to confirm or deny a report a bus driver failed a random drug test after driving students to school.
- A 21-year-old Dutchess County man accused of stabbing another man in a road rage incident on Saturday faced a judge on Thursday in Mount Pleasant Town Court.
- A local woman out for a walk Thursday afternoon will have quite a story to tell after being mistaken for a possible bridge jumper.
- Six Westchester County men were among 19 alleged members of the Lucchese Family to be charged with murder and racketeering in White Plains Federal Court on Wednesday.
- One Arlington High School senior was killed and another critically injured in a rollover crash in the Town of LaGrange on Wednesday, state police said Thursday morning.
- A new tick-related warning has emerged. This time it's for seed ticks, or teeny-tiny ticks (think poppy seeds) that are still developing into adult ticks and parents are urged to be on the lookout, according to countryliving.com.