PUTNAM COUNTY, N.Y. -- A Putnam County teen was recently arrested for stealing checks from 20 mailboxes and then depositing them in his own account following a month-long investigation by the Kent Police Department. Click here to read the story.
A Lake Carmel resident who was the victim of a mailbox thief that stole thousands of dollars worth of checks from some 20 mailboxes said he has spent hours sorting out the "mess" caused by the thefts. Click here to read the story.
Some others top stories of the week include (Click on the link to read the entire story):
- Former Sen. Vincent Leibell's chief of staff is back in legal hot water.
- A decrease in inventory has led to an increase in the price of homes in the Hudson Valley.
- A Peekskill man who was lost ended up being charged with DWI after a Kent Police officer stopped to offer him help, according to the Kent Police.
- A Kent woman who was charged with felony DWI on Monday, July 3, was driving at almost three times the legal limit with her child in the car, according to Kent Police.
- A driver declined medical attention after crashing into a pole just before noon on Sunday in Mahopac.
- A Brewster man was arrested for DWI on June 29, after Kent Police received several calls for a vehicle driving erratically along Route 52 and Route 311.