Deputies recently arrested six area residents on drug possession charges in Putnam Valley, Patterson, and Southeast, according to Sheriff Don Smith.
Those arrested included:
- Alexander Hoy, 28, of Yorktown Heights, was arrested on July 23 after Deputy Sheriff Jonathan Irwin observed a driver of a vehicle commit a traffic violation on Route 301 in the Town of Putnam Valley. Irwin pulled the vehicle over and, during the course of the traffic stop, he found that Hoy was in possession of crack cocaine and marijuana. Hoy was arrested and charged with criminal possession of a controlled substance and unlawful possession of marijuana. He was also charged with criminal impersonation and with falsifying business records after giving a false ID to the deputy in an apparent attempt to avoid being apprehended on an outstanding felony warrant issued out of Westchester County.
- On Aug. 17, deputies Randel Hill, Michael Neuner, and Christopher Irwin responded to 41 Overlin Road in the Town of Patterson for a reported dispute in progress. While investigating the initial complaint, the deputies determined that a person at the scene, Shannon Feeney, 19, of Southeast, was in possession of Xanax pills, for which she did not have a prescription. Feeney was arrested and charged with criminal possession of a controlled substance.
- Tavon Hughes, 26, of Danbury, Conn., was arrested Aug. 19 for criminal possession of a controlled substance after being stopped by Deputy Sheriff Vincent Dalo for speeding on S.R. 22 in the Town of Southeast. During the stop, Dalo reportedly observed the driver attempt to conceal an item beneath the driver’s seat. Upon further investigation, the deputy discovered that the driver was allegedly in possession of cocaine.
- On Aug. 29, Deputy Sheriff Eric Hayes reportedly observed a vehicle commit a traffic violation on Lake Drive in the Town of Putnam Valley. Hayes stopped the vehicle and determined that the driver was allegedly in possession of marijuana and concentrated cannabis. Antoine Boyd, 27, of Peekskill, was arrested for unlawful possession of marijuana, and criminal possession of a controlled substance in the seventh degree.
- On Aug. 29, Deputies Christopher Tompkins and Thomas Varbero were checking several suspicious vehicles, occupied by youths, who were observed parked and congregating along Mount Ebo Road North in the Town of Southeast. Upon approaching the vehicles, the deputies reportedly detected the odor of marijuana coming from the vehicles. It was determined that two of the youths present—a 17-year-old male from Patterson and an 18-year-old male from Southeast — were in possession of marijuana. Both youths were charged with unlawful possession of marijuana.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.