CARMEL, N.Y. -- Several students at Carmel High School won awards at a future business leaders competition.
The event was hosted last week by the school's Carmel High School’s Future Business Leaders of America (FBLA) club, the Carmel Central School District noted in a press release.
Rahul Atluri, a junior at CHS, planned the event and is a New York State District 3N Vice President, the district noted.
Below is a list of the winners, which is from the district. Students who finished in the top three in their respective categories will advance to the state competition in April, the district notes.
- Jake Alfonzetti, 11th grade, fifth place in the Accounting Test
- Paulo Gaviria, 10th grade, second place in the Principals and Procedures Test
- Erika Hiraldo, 10th grade, second place in Basic Decision Making
- Sophia Jeltsch, 10th grade, second place in the Introduction to Financial Math Test
- Meredith Jennings, 12th grade, first place in Impromptu Speaking and fourth place in the Sports and Entertainment Management Test
- Victoria Leibnitz, 10th grade, fifth place in the Principals and Procedures Test
- Elaina Nacinovich, 12th grade, third place in Client Services
- Juliana Nacinovich, 10th grade, third place in Public Speaking I
- Katherine Obojkovits, 11th grade, first place in the Accounting Test
- Chris Pereira, 12th grade, second place in Job Interview
- Karen Rama, 12th grade, third place in the Business Law Test
- Sarah Stec, 12th grade, second place in Public Speaking II
- Gabe Vieira, 11th grade, first place in the Business Calculations Test
- Dan Wiener, 10th grade, first place in the Introduction to Financial Math Test
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.