PUTNAM COUNTY, N.Y. -- The following is a highlight of the top stories of the week in Putnam County.
- Jessi-Ann Bettcher, 27, of Brewster, a youth sports coach and transplant advocate, died Thursday, Nov. 3 , at Montefiore Medical Center in the Bronx.
- A 19-year-old Mahopac resident jumped into the cold, murky waters of Lake Mahopac late Thursday afternoon after witnessing a car accident that sent a vehicle flying, upside down into the lake, rescuing two fellow teens.
- Hillary Clinton won New York State decisively over Donald Trump , but lost in Putnam County and lost the general election in Tuesday's presidential election.
- Sean Patrick Maloney has been elected to a third term in the 18th congressional district.
- Froggy's Deli settled into its comfortable spot on Route 100 in Somers six years ago , and quickly become a neighborhood favorite.
- Iona Prep athletes from Bronxville, Mahopac and Rye Brook announced that will continue their playing careers in college.
- A North Salem man is facing a felony charge after he stole several thousand dollars from his employer in Southeast, according to Putnam County Sheriff Donald B. Smith.
- The Carmel High School Drama Club will present "The Funny Side of Fate: a Showcase of One Act Plays" in four performances, beginning Thursday, Nov. 10.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.