PUTNAM COUNTY, N.Y. -- Here's a look at last week's top stories from around Putnam County.
- Carmel resident John Groissl injured two Putnam County Sheriff's Department sergeants when he attacked them at the Putnam County Correctional Facility after being asked to leave, according to Sheriff Donald B. Smith.
- Brewster resident Michael Zemsky, a suspect in a Danbury robbery, turned himself in to police early Friday, less than 12 hours after the incident at Union Savings Bank, police said.
- The victims in a violent head-on crash between a pickup truck and a Verizon truck on Route 22 on Tuesday have been identified, according to Putnam County Sheriff Donald B. Smith.
- Paul Boscia, who had been with the Sheriff’s Office for nearly three decades, put aside retirement plans to answer the call of duty after longtime Undersheriff Peter Convery died suddenly this fall.
- A Putnam Valley man was charged Sunday, Jan. 15, with stealing more than $1,000 from a cash register at the Sears store at the Jefferson Valley Mall, according to the Yorktown Police.
- A 14-year-old teen who went missing from his home in Beekman on Sunday, Jan. 15, has been located, state police said Friday morning.
- Robert Friedberg, a veteran of the healthcare industry, has been named as Health Quest's new CEO.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.