PUTNAM COUNTY, N.Y. -- Two stories topped the news of the week including the death of "Goodfellas" star Chuck Low and a construction worker who fell to his death.
"Goodfellas" star Chuck Low, a former resident of both Mahopac and Tarrytown, died at age 89 at a nursing home in Allendale, N.J., on Sept. 18. Click here to read the story.
A 52-year-old construction worker from Northern Westchester fell to his death from a scaffolding on Route 22 in Brewster on Wednesday, state police said. Click here to read the story.
Here are some of the other top stories of the week (click on the link to read the story):
- A registered sex offender convicted of forcibly raping an 11-year-old girl has reported a move in Putnam County.
- As concussion rates rise, Putnam Hospital's Rehabilitation Department is looking to educate the community.
- Two men were arrested and charged with possessing heroin in a stop on the Taconic State Parkway in Stanford on Thursday by state police.
- The Yorktown Heights Fire Department had to make an early morning rescue on the Taconic State Parkway on Monday.
- For real-time Putnam news updates in your Facebook feed, be sure to "Like" Daily Voice's Putnam County Forum page on Facebook by clicking here.
- Follow Putnam Daily Voice on Twitter @PutnamDV.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.