PUTNAM COUNTY, N.Y. -- The following is a round-up of the top stories of the week in Putnam County.
- A 23-year-old Yorktown man is in the Westchester County Jail after state police say he stabbed a 28-year-old male from Mahopac after an overnight fight at PJ's Bar, located on Route 6 in Somers, escalated.
- A pedestrian is dead after being struck by a pair of drivers on Route 6 in Southeast on Wednesday night.
- A snowy owl rescued by a Peekskill photographer on Saturday in Fairfield County has died from starvation, according to the wildlife center who was nursing the owl back to health.
- The New York State Police Department has released the identities of the two men involved in a head-on collision that involved a wrong-way driver on I-684 in Bedford.
- A former Briarcliff Manor police officer is facing life in prison after being charged with quadruple homicide for allegedly killing four people who were “in the wrong place at the wrong time," according to United States Attorney for the Southern District Preet Bharara.
- Like so many families, Lenore and Ed Lundberg of Carmel keep the Christmas spirit alive and well with a number of long-standing traditions that have become a way of life.
- Tucked conveniently off Rt. 311 in Patterson is Sauro's Town Square Pizza Cafe - a homey, family-run Italian eatery and deli the community has been supporting for many years.
- When Anthony Lee Medina, a Cortlandt Manor native, found out that he had been cast in "Hamilton," he immediately dropped his phone and cracked it.
- Cafe Piccolo in Mahopac is one of those kinds of places where everyone knows everyone's name, the coffee is perfect and the smell of luscious pastries and other goodies hits when you walk in the door.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.