PUTNAM COUNTY, N.Y. -- The Brewster community came together last week in the wake of a racist video released by students. Click here to read the story.
Here are some of the other top stories of the week (click on the link to read the story):
- The body of a woman who jumped from the Bear Mountain Bridge in April was recovered in the Hudson River Wednesday night after the occupants of a cabin cruiser passing through the area spotted the body and notified police.
- With schools set to open next week, officials are warning motorists to drive carefully and exercise extra caution around students in support of AAA’s annual “School’s Open - Drive Carefully” campaign.
- Damian Jude Mancini died suddenly on Saturday, Aug. 26 at his home in upstate Cortland., where he owned an auto dealership. He was 47 years old.
- A man walking on Route 22 in Putnam County on Sunday was critically injured after he was struck by a vehicle that then left the scene, said Putnam County Sheriff Don Smith.
- For real-time Putnam news updates in your Facebook feed, be sure to "Like" Daily Voice's Putnam County Forum page on Facebook by clicking here.
- Follow Putnam Daily Voice on Twitter @PutnamDV.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.