PUTNAM COUNTY, N.Y. -- The Mahopac-Carmel Chamber of Commerce would like to turn Carmel into a destination spot. Click here to read the story.
Here are some of the other top stories of the week (click on the link to read the story):
- A 54-year-old Mahopac man is facing multiple charges after state police say an investigation revealed he had sexual contact with a child.
- State Police from the Brewster barracks continues to search for a 35-year-old man who is wanted for a burglary and attempted rape in March.
- Amy Sayegh knocked off incumbent Dini LoBue in the Republican primary 57 percent to 43 percent, according to unofficial returns from the Putnam County Board of Elections. Sayegh also defeated LoBue in the Conservative primary and won the Independence line.
- A 45-year-old man is facing drug charges in Putnam County after being busted by state police, who smelled marijuana in his car while checking on his well-being in Southeast.
- A 24-year-old Putnam man has been sentenced to prison after being convicted of burglarizing a Route 22 car dealership, Putnam County District Attorney Robert Tendy announced Tuesday morning.
- A 25-year-old player is due in court Tuesday after punching a referee in the face during a men's soccer game at the Yorktown Sports Complex Sunday afternoon, police said.
- For real-time Putnam news updates in your Facebook feed, be sure to "Like" Daily Voice's Putnam County Forum page on Facebook by clicking here.
- Follow Putnam Daily Voice on Twitter @PutnamDV.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.