The Putnam County Sheriff’s Office has been busy this month, making drug busts on several area residents in recent weeks.
On Tuesday, Nov. 27, Putnam County Sheriff Robert Langley, Jr. announced recent drug possession arrests that were recorded by his deputy sheriffs.
Local residents facing drug charges include:
- Shortly before 7:30 p.m. on Monday, Nov. 5, a deputy spotted a driver make a traffic violation on Peekskill Hollow Road in Putnam Valley. During the traffic stop, it was determined that the driver, an 18-year-old Putnam Valley resident was in possession of marijuana and she was arrested for unlawful possession of marijuana. She was issued a ticket to appear in the Town of Putnam Valley Justice Court.
- The following day, at approximately 9:15 p.m., Cortlandt Manor resident Christina Deagan, 51, was stopped on Sprout Brook Road. It was determined that she had a revoked driver’s license and that she was in possession of prescription pills she didn’t have a prescription for. Deagan was arrested and charged with aggravated unlicensed operation of a motor vehicle and criminal possession of a controlled substance. Deagan was released on $200 bail and is scheduled to appear in the Town of Philipstown Justice Court.
- Patterson resident John Rutledge, Jr., 32, was stopped near the intersection of Route 6 and Church Street on Monday, Nov. 12 in Carmel when he committed a traffic violation. During the stop, the deputy determined he was in possession of more than two ounces of marijuana and he was arrested for criminal possession of marijuana. Following his arraignment, he was released and is scheduled to appear in the Town of Carmel Justice Court.
- A deputy stopped Mohegan Lake resident Christian Brimon, 51, at approximately 4:20 p.m. on Sunday, Nov. 18 on Becker Street in Putnam Valley. During the stop, it was determined that Brimon had a suspended license and that he was in possession of Alprazolam and Dextroamphetamine, for which he did not have a prescription. Brimon was charged with two counts of criminal possession of a controlled substance and released on $250 bail. He was issued a ticket to appear in the Town of Putnam Valley Justice Court at a later date.
- Name withheld because the 18-year-old driver may be eligible to have her record sealed as a “Youthful Offender.”
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.