A Mahopac Falls family were able to stay in their home following a fire Tuesday thanks to the quick work of firefighters.
The fire, at 85 Concord Drive, started around 1:30 p.m. on the outside of the home, said officials with the Mahopac Falls Fire Department.
When Mahopac Falls firefighters arrived on scene they found low-hanging electrical wires as well as a downed tree. To help douse the flames until the electric company truck could arrive, hose lines were laid to the scene several hundred feet away.
The fire was quickly knocked down allowing the homeowners, who had watched the action from their vehicle, to remain in the house, the department said.
Assisting on scene included Putnam Valley, a standby engine from Mahopac, Carmel Police, Putnam County Fire Investigation Team, Putnam Medic 2, Putnam County Battalions 16 and 19 and the NYS Department of Homeland Security.
No one was injured during the event. The fire is believed to have been started by a generator by the garage door that was being used for power.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.